TomTom GO 720 in 2003 Ford Ranger

I couldn't stand the disk and suction cup and also wanted a hard-wired solution, so I went with ProClip. I've been happy with it so far. The mount over the vent actually goes between the facia and the stereo, so there is enough gap there to run the wire. The voltage converter unit and the rest of the wire are actually velcroed to the top of the stereo. The stereo in the Ranger is a double-din size, but only the front 2 inches are actually double-din, the rest of it is about single-din so the back half of the stereo serves as a convenient shelf for attaching things. The stereo also provides a good source for a switched-hot 12 volt input which is nice since the cigarette lighter plugs in the Ranger are always-hot.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,111
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 878
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,689
looks cool. Getting my pro clip in Monday. Went with just the bracket. Gonna try it without the power. Like the clean look of just the bracket and the cost. Will post pix once installed.

looks cool. Getting my pro clip in Monday. Went with just the bracket. Gonna try it without the power. Like the clean look of just the bracket and the cost. Will post pix once installed.
I probably would have done that also if the cigarette lighter had been switched-on power instead of always hot. The cigarette lighter adaptor for me damages the "clean look". The cost is a bit high for the mount w/ power converter...

Looks great!

I got the clip with mount that attaches to the side of the dash (Mazda 6) but without the direct power connect like you.

Great product with a nice clean look...but pricey. Bordering too pricey.

Looks great!

I got the clip with mount that attaches to the side of the dash (Mazda 6) but without the direct power connect like you.

Great product with a nice clean look...but pricey. Bordering too pricey.
I figure for $350 (price paid for the GO720) I had to spend the additional $100 to have it work nice in the truck, plus I plan on moving it to another vehicle within a year or two and the expensive part of the proclip stuff isn't vehicle-specific....

Ask a Question