Tomtom go 7000 truck

TomTom Model(s)
GO 7000
Can any one help me i downloaded free softwear on satnav and i am now not able to get any maps on my system now all i get is problem with map on this device europe-truck-477 dont know what i have done but any help would be great as i need my maps for my job as i am an truckdriver i have also pressed reset and it still says same message:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Was this device working before you attempted to update it?
2) When the update was offered, can you tell us WHAT was offered?
3) Do you have a backup (of any sort) of your unit?
4) Have you ever updated your maps?

go 7000 truck

thanks for your assistance in reply to your question yes my unit was working fine when i went on to tomtom website ther was a free upgrade of a map so when i done this it downloaded it and when i switched my unit back on after download it came up with the message of problem with map you cannot use this map on this device .europe-truck-744 and since ten i can not get any maps on my unit atall the maps that were on it have all gone ie uk /ireland /and europe is ther any way you can help me get them back as i need them for my job as i am a truck driver and am lost wit out themwould be very great full if you can do this for me if you need to call me {number removed}

thanks very much
tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tom, I've removed your phone number as it's not a good idea to have it in open view. If you need to contact someone individually, it's best to use the Private Messaging system on the forum first, and you can then swap phone numbers privately..

Personally, I think that for any "you cannot use this map" issues, you need to speak to TomTom Customer services to get them to sort out your account. (I can't access their phone no from here, but it's on their website and it's also quoted in lots of previous replies here)

Go7000 truck

CHEERS ANDY i will have to contact customer support tomorrow but i cant understand how i lost all of my maps it seems as the unit has been tottaly wipe clean even though it say noissues found on tomtom home site

go 7000 truck

ps /andy it also says my system is up to date any ideas but there is no maps on system all i want is my original maps back on system pleASEl

There's some chance that TomTom's server has sent you the "wrong" map for your 7000, and that it is not being recognized on the 7000 because of that. It's for that specific reason that the advice about contacting Customer Service is spot on, since they'd be the only folks who can remedy that.

Just to be clear .. it was a FULL map that was being updated, not just the usual Mapshare update?

Does the 7000 usually come with some kind of map subscription, or did you pay for a subscription? We're not that familiar with the commercial units here, nor the map upgrade process for them. I guess what I'm asking is whether you had any reason to expect a new map to appear as available? If not, all the more reason to contact CS!

Ask a Question