TomTom GO 520 & 720!

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
In the third quarter of 2007, TomTom will release two new models in it?s GO range: the 520 and the720. These new models feature a new, slim and stylish design. They are only 24 millimetres thick, and are the first GO?s without a rounded back. That?s even slimmer than the ONE XL! But that?s not all: the new GO?s also feature a large 4.3 inch touch screen, and in the mapping material a number of buildings are now displayed in relief, so motorists will get an even better impression of their surroundings.

Read Full Article

It'll have Map Share, Voice Recognition, "Help Me" feature (for emergencies) and more!

Do read the article. It sounds very promising!

Yep, sounds awesome. Glad I haven't picked up a ONE XL yet. Think I'll be grabbing a 720. :)

When purchasing my 510 last year I thought I would live with it for 10 years !:eek:
I hope the divorce doesn't come that fast. Temptation, temptation, temptation !

I know eh? The 520 is very tempting. My ONE isn't even a year old! :(. I didn't expect things to move THIS quickly.

Looks like I found my new toy!
My one concern is the mount. I hope they made it like the ONE.

Sounds pretty sweet .....

I wonder what other stuff they will offer in a possible 920 version. If they will even offer a 920 version. Maybe XM or Sirius Radio interface .... that would be cool. Hopefully the mounting options will be easier to deal with than the current versions.

Pretty cool. My 910 is brand new and I'm already thinking about upgrading!!! :eek:

Maybe I have to stop surfing the forums.
But that will be like a coke addict in rehab.:eek:

There is also another interesting article on yournav that has plenty of screen shots of Navigator 7 included in the 520/720 unit.

The most notable stand out is it mentions that some of the extra options of Navigator 7 will be freely available to TT's other PND units from the Classis all the way to the ONE XL

At first, only the owners of the new GO 520 or 720 will be able to use version 7 of the software. It?s expected that after the summer, users of other TomTom systems will also be able to take advantage of the NavCore 7 features. Depending on the hardware they use, TomTom users will be able to install the extra features onto their PND for free. In any case, TomTom MapShare will be usable on every TomTom PND, right up to the Classic and the ONE XL

- (Source) along with some nice screen dumps.

That's definitely exiciting as we'll all be able to improve the maps, not just the 520/720 units. I think you'll see more accurate Maps and POI's because of this feature.

Other things that stood out to me (aside from the other big features)
  • Changing of the car icon (for those who don't like looking at the blue arrow)
  • 2D Map having the North on top (a couple of users mentioned wanting this)
  • Swtiching off when external power is off

Really excited about this device.

Is slated for the end of July, with an MSRP of $499.95. I'm assuming that is USD, us Canadian folk are going to be spending much more than that.:(

I really like the new unit.

It features some great new functions and I like the new battery their putting in.

I agree! 5 hours is a great improvement on what earlier models had. I think the FM transmitter is pretty cool too. I be the 720 is going to be pretty successful when it comes out. :)

ermm,
my tomtom already offers north on top when switching to 2D.

Switchoff is available as a kernel module addon

AFAIK, the TomTom Navigator only has the North On Top 2D.

The switchoff kernal module add-on you speak of, where is this add-on? The only way I know of is the downloading the 'modified' file and replacing it in the root of the 510/910.

Last edited:

Ask a Question