TomTom GO 500 My Routes Simple Backup

Tried it with Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Word, Firefox and Libre Office Calc.
The latter puts it all in the first row, ending at "DA" in my case.

Tried it with Notepad, Wordpad, Microsoft Word, Firefox and Libre Office Calc.
The latter puts it all in the first row, ending at "DA" in my case.

Really don't know...
I open at first with notepad, than with "word wrap" function, I stop having all the values in a row, like you described. If I can find a cuple of hours in the next days, I'll try to post the method I use to reach a useful format, starting from the .txt file.

Looking forward to that, Ciro.

Hi Arno, I just completed my "little" guide, but due to the lack of time, I've been able to write it only in my mother tongue.
It's absolutely obscene this situation that Tomtom refuses to solve, forcing to absurde situations their customers.
Having said that, think the guide should be pretty clear to follow, but I'll try ASAP to translate it; please tell me if I can help in the meantime.

In the end, I have to say that it worked fine to me, but I don't assume any responsability in any trouble people can go through using it: you do that at your own risk.

Regards

Attachments

• GESTIONE DATI GO 5100.pdf
    311.6 KB · Views: 551
Hello Ciro, grazie mille.
I am not into Routes and only tried to help out when canderson said that he does not get the text file.
I am surprised that he has not yet taken up a dialogue with you.
Running your DATI file through Google translate I think in can be followed by someone familiar with routes.

Ciro, Arno, ...

Maybe something that may be of some interest for you here :
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/g...tomtom-go-500-my-places-983568?postid=1080447.
Dest2Csv is a Notepad++ macro that I regularly use ... (actually it mainly contains regex to scan the ...MyDrive.txt file and extract Favorites)
I case you're interested you can use the shortcuts.xml file( zip attached) which contains the Dest2csv NotePad++ macro that you should place in the right place in the right file as explained here :
http://ask.programmershare.com/20725_5448852/
Be careful you cannot use NotePad++ to edit shortcuts.xml as it is used by NotePad++ itself ;)

GEB

Attachments

• shortcuts.zip
    923 bytes · Views: 353
I am tied up today and tomorrow and I have problems with regular expression but I just suggested to Len to have a look at your post.

Ciro, Arno, ...

Maybe something that may be of some interest for you here... [cut]
GEB

YOU MADE IT GEB!!!
You did an OUTSTANDING job, I have only a little problem: I have to open&save the yyy.csv file generated by Notepad+++ also with Excel, before convert it in .ov2 standard, with an online tool...
However THANK YOU!!!

Ciro

Last edited:
Hi,

just before saving the .csv, try to Convert (menu Encoding) to ANSI or UTF-8 ...this should do the trick !
Lines should end with CR LF (set Show All Characters on the Menu Bar )
Ciao

GEB

Last edited:
@Ciro
If you could attach your original *.txt file here (perhaps in zip format), I'll look at creating a bit of code that automates all of this. Should be able to create a simple *.exe that saves a lot of steps.

@Ciro
If you could attach your original *.txt file here (perhaps in zip format), I'll look at creating a bit of code that automates all of this. Should be able to create a simple *.exe that saves a lot of steps.

Thank you so much candrson, but I can't send you the .txt file, because I use the GPS unit for my work, and the data it contains are considered "sensitive"...

GEB did a superb job with his Dest2csv NotePad++ macro, did you check it?

Cheers

No problem. Checked the macro as well.
Have what I believe to be a recent enough set of files to work with. It's really just a very simple parsing job. One looks through the file for "favorite" items whose names are not "removedFavorite".
I think I'll have a go at having the app create both a usable *.csv file (with lat/long in text) and perhaps also a TomTom *.ov2 (with lat/long in binary) along with it.

No problem. Checked the macro as well.
Have what I believe to be a recent enough set of files to work with. It's really just a very simple parsing job. One looks through the file for "favorite" items whose names are not "removedFavorite".
I think I'll have a go at having the app create both a usable *.csv file (with lat/long in text) and perhaps also a TomTom *.ov2 (with lat/long in binary) along with it.

Lookin' forward canderson!!!

There's a few commas in your place names. OK if I change those to underscores so you can have a clean CSV file?

There's a few commas in your place names. OK if I change those to underscores so you can have a clean CSV file?

Hi canderson, you mean in the examples I put in the .pdf guide?
In that case, no problem if you can obtain a clean .csv file.

Thanks again

I have the *.csv now. Currently working on something else, but will have the *.ov2 finished up soon.

All the executable needs is a file called cloud.txt in the same folder, and out pops the cloud.csv file, with a soon to follow cloud.ov2.

Sure ... soon as I get it done. Was out of the house almost the whole day today, and I'm going to stuff myself with some dessert and hit the sack for now. Will get back to it tomorrow and get the *.csv finished. Will have to post the *.exe in a ZIP to make it downloadable here.

Sure ... soon as I get it done. Was out of the house almost the whole day today, and I'm going to stuff myself with some dessert and hit the sack for now. Will get back to it tomorrow and get the *.csv finished. Will have to post the *.exe in a ZIP to make it downloadable here.

GREAT!!!
Could you attach the csv.exe too, so that it can be edited?
Thanks in advance!

I don't seem to be getting around to this today, either. Here's the one that creates a *.csv. As noted, it wants a file called cloud.txt in the same folder, and creates a cloud.csv file from it.

I noted that there are sometimes extraneous undeleted entries in the downloaded data. Should probably look into where those come from. But on the whole, this gets it done.

(((Download deleted -- v3 below)))

Ask a Question