tomtom froze...wont reset help

help...im typing from my phone right b.c im driving and dont have a computer. i brought the home dock into the car and plugged it into the cigarette lighter using a cigarette to usb converter. the tomtom was already on using battery power when i put it into the home dock which was plugged in. the tomtom went dead and shutdown but the green light came on. the unit wont turn on and i tried the reset button but it doesnt do anything. if i put it back into the home dock the green light comes on but it wont turn on. any ideas?

Ad

Advertisements

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
My 720 does this every once in a while. I simply hold down then the reset pin-hole button for about 30 seconds then wait up to 5 min then hold down the power button for a long while and it resets and comes on. Sometimes it takes longer than others. I've not found any particular cause but it seems to happen most when I pull it out of the dock at home.

My 720 does this every once in a while. I simply hold down then the reset pin-hole button for about 30 seconds then wait up to 5 min then hold down the power button for a long while and it resets and comes on. Sometimes it takes longer than others. I've not found any particular cause but it seems to happen most when I pull it out of the dock at home.
well i tried this process and it didnt work. the unit still wont turn on. im hoping if i connect it to my computer it will work but i dont know right now. any other ideas please?

Ad

Advertisements

well i tried to connect to my computer and the tomtom still wont turn on. its sitting in the home dock with the green light on but i cant turn it on....any ideas?

Ask a Question