TomTom doesn't respond

TomTom Model(s)
One II
Hi,

I've got a TomTom One II device and am using the TomTom Home software. Whenever I try to connect my device to the computer, the menu on the device asks me "Do you want to connect to the computer?" and I answer "Yes". Then I see the "please wait" message on my device for a while and then I only see the picture with the device on it and nothing happens. What can I do?

Thanks,
Torsten

Is this your first attempt to connect to your computer?
Try to reset the device and try a different USB port.

It could be something todo with your fire wall settings, try switching your virus and firewall off (only for a few mins) try and connect it then.

Kinjo

Hi,

Thanks for both your responses. Yes, this is the my first attempt to connect my One to my computer and I have tried both -- using different USB ports as well as switching all Firewalls off.
Still no luck.
Any other ideas?
Thanks a lot,
Torsten

Hi,

Just a quick note that I have found the solution to my problem. I contacted TomTom support and they sent me a file called "system" which I copied onto my TomTom and now it's working.
It's strange that nobody here seems to have encountered the same situation before.

i just ran into the same problem today, would connect to my pc but would not connect to home ver2.1

should say this is NOT my first time connecting I've had my tomtom for about 3 months and connect almost daily.

after trying everything i could think of i installed home 2.1 then reconnected my tomtom to get it to start a new download funny how it downloads 1.5 as "newest version" but i thought maybe 2.1 was written as an update to 1.5 and not a stand alone so i download and install fully thinking 2.1 would follow.

so i download 1.5 and it connects with my tomtom no problem except when i go to update home 1.5 it says i have the latest version of home.

now what? lol

Ask a Question