TomTom Customer Service Awarded

TomTom Model(s)
720, 330S
For those of you who have ever called TomTom CS (or will have to in the future), you may be excited to hear their customer service has been praised by JD Power and Associates.

http://www.clubtomtom.com/general/call-center-customer-satisfaction-excellence/

TomTom has been recognized for call center customer satisfaction excellence under the J.D. Power and Associates Certified Call Center Program SM. This distinction, the first of its kind in the portable GPS industry, acknowledges a strong commitment by TomTom?s US call center operations to provide ?An Outstanding Customer Service Experience?.

For those of you who have ever called TomTom CS (or will have to in the future), you may be excited to hear their customer service has been praised by JD Power and Associates.

http://www.clubtomtom.com/general/call-center-customer-satisfaction-excellence/

From my reading of UK TomTom forums, the TomTom support in the UK would NEVER get this award. Many bad experiences from users there.

I, too, have had positive experiences whenever I've needed to call CS in New York State.

most of my customer will never be able to reach TT customer service.... In quebec there is 6+ millions of french speaking canadian... and absolutaly nobody at TT can answer in french....

I have to call TT CS almost everyday for my customer because i speak english.... but most of them will simply have theyre device refund if they have a problem cause they cannot contact anybody

I've called twice and I knew more about their product than the two reps I spoke with. Thats my only gripe with them.

I've heard from others that TT is pretty bad when it comes to support...but havent had any real experience to speak of other than they responded online to an issue that I had but it took them about 5-6 days to respond but they say online that it should be responded to much quicker than that

Apparently the award isn't based on TomTom's support when it comes to concerns about using TT Home on a Macintosh.

Apart from the horrendously long wait for someone to answer right after Christmas (no great surprise there), I found my experience with tech support here in the U.S. to be excellent. The person to whom I spoke resolved one issue by tweaking their database on my behalf, answered my 2nd question, and although not sure of the answer to my 3rd question, was able to get an answer while I waited.

On a subsequent call related to an inability to download maps, the problem was resolved immediately.

All in all, and apart from the wait, a very good pair of experiences. Can't say that JD giving them some kudos surprises me. Better telephone experience than I've had with most manufacturers.

Their email support is bloody awful -- it's been close to 3 weeks with no reply to a series of the same 3 questions (per above) posted to them. Their IT department (no doubt headquartered back in the hinterlands of NL) could also use some help. I can't believe they don't know how swamped their map server is, and how frustrating it is to wait 3 and 4 hours for a file set to download.

It's funny how the various parts of a company often provide such disparate customer experiences. Celebrity (the cruise line) is just the same, only in reverse. Their telephone support is not very good, but their shipboard service is outstanding. Wonder which company with which I have some experience some day will put it all together?

Apparently the award isn't based on TomTom's support when it comes to concerns about using TT Home on a Macintosh.

Agreed. The response "Use a PC" is not a good one. A argued with them about this and at least got them to extend my map update guarantee for 13 months.

Ask a Question