Tomtom constantly falling off windshield while driving

Hello

I have a tomtom go 510 which I am very pleased with; I've had it since late 06 and use it everywhere I go. However, lately it's been falling off my windshield while im driving, which has been a real hassle since it usually crashes down pretty hard and loud and makes me jump (not good while driving) and im afraid that one of these times it'll crack or break when it falls. Already a few times the memory card has fallen out when it falls.

Anyway, is there anything I can do about this? After taking a 2 hour drive last night it must have fallen off 10 different times. Is there some secret to getting it to stay on or maybe some kind of external mount that would attach to the dashboard and hold it in place that way?

Thanks

Nobody ever made a third party mount for the x10 range, all you can do is either try e-bay or TomTom (who no longer carry stock AFAIK), one alternate would be to use a bean bag for the device to sit on with it attached to the dock but remove the windscreen portion of the mount (the mount can be easily split down if you have a torx screwdriver of the right size (T7 fits the three screws to take it apart) then remove the arm that connects to the windscreen sucker leaving just the shoe that connects to the device - Mike

Hello

I have a tomtom go 510 which I am very pleased with; I've had it since late 06 and use it everywhere I go. However, lately it's been falling off my windshield while im driving, which has been a real hassle since it usually crashes down pretty hard and loud and makes me jump (not good while driving) and im afraid that one of these times it'll crack or break when it falls. Already a few times the memory card has fallen out when it falls.

Anyway, is there anything I can do about this? After taking a 2 hour drive last night it must have fallen off 10 different times. Is there some secret to getting it to stay on or maybe some kind of external mount that would attach to the dashboard and hold it in place that way?

Thanks

I don't know if this is feasable . I use those plastic mounting disk on my dash and then use the 3M that looks like loop and hook but issn't or just velcro. I put one side on round disk and other side on suction mount. It works every time and never falls off.

Hello

Thanks

I would recommend cleaning the windshield area with rubbing alcohol, and then cleaning the suction-cup mount with mild soap and water.
Once both surfaces are dry, the suction cup should stick like glue.
The 510 has an excellent mount. It's much better than my XL 340s even though it's bulkier.

Ask a Question