Tomtom compensation discount email?

Hello All, My dad recieved this from tomtom the other day. They ordered the 8.15 maps per their LMG for the year offer. Any idea why they sent it?

Thanks,

James

Dear Dave,

Due to a technical reasons, '' has been temporarily unavailable. To compensate for this inconvenience we have granted you a compensation product of the same subscription. This compensation product will give you access to your subscription for an additional period (equal to the duration of the outage) at the end of your normal subscription.

Map of North America v8.15 USD 109,95
Compensation discount - USD 109,95
Total USD 0,00

Best regards,
TomTom

James, I've heard other posters getting the same email. TomTom's servers are flakey at the best of times and I guess, for some, getting this email is a guarantee of sorts that their 1-year window for dl purchased maps will not get compromised by faulty dl's due to server problems. Just make sure your father keeps the email! :)

I got one too

When I bought my 920T I called customer service to ask about map updates. He informed me that I'd get free updates forever. Now I don't suspect that this is true, but I called customer service to inquire about the new maps and related the story to him. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes to ask someone about it and when he came back he said I could have them at no cost. A while later I got the email, but I'm not sure what it means either. Does it sound like we get free maps for another year?

Ask a Question