TomTom comparable to Garmin TourGuide?

I'm very familiar with Garmin's Tourguide program but wondered if there's anything similar (or more advanced) offered by TomTom or as 3rd party apps?

TIA
Natty

And what does this 'Torguide' do for those not familiar with it, like me ...............

Tourguide lets you set up waypoints, assign a proximity alert, and/or record a verbal description to play once within the user-set distance from that waypoint/poi. So for instance you could set up a historical drive thru Richmond, with descriptions of battle sites or perhaps architectural styles of specific buildings (ie, "The pink and purple house on your left was originally the home of Gatorguy, built in 1990", etc.). So it's pretty much as the name suggests. It allows your Garmin to serve as a TourGuide. There's also custom map suppliers who sell SD cards with these guides pre-installed for many of the traditional tourist destinations.

Thanks....

I'm not aware of an equivalent program to do all that but that doesn't mean someone else might not know....:)

Ask a Question