Tomtom cleared all data

I have lent my tomtom to someone who has accidentally cleared all of it's data while trying to update the map for Europe, as a result I no longer have any of the European map I previously had. I have looked in all the files I can open on the PC including the backup file, finding nothing. As far as I know the tomtom came with European map included.

The make is Tomtom XL it is about 4 years old. What should I do to retrieve the information? Is there any software I can download to help? Should I send it to Tomtom offices to retrieve data? Or is it the case that I have to download the map again?

Thanks a lot

Try a full search of the PC's hard drive for cline.dat if it finds this file have a look in the folder its located in as that might be your missing map assuming you made a back up of the device.
Have you ever updated the map since you purchased the unit, even if you used the Latest Map Guarantee there will still be a copy of the map on your PC.

If non of the above apply then you will have to purchase a new map for the device using TomTom Home software on your PC - Mike

Ask a Question