TomTom Blue&Me

TomTom Model(s)
blue&me
When blue&me is plugged into the computer, the screen does not light up yet when it is logged on the computer says the device is up to date but the tomtom device screen is blank. Help!

We don't much experience with that system in North America, I think.

Let me ask.........

Do you use Home 2 or MyTomTom with that device?

Are you using the cable provided with the device (I assume one was). Are you using the usb port on the back, not the front of the computer.

Do you have the latest app for the system? (I think it is 6.0)

What kind of car is it installed in, a Fiat?

Have you tried resetting the device? Does it have a power button? If so, hold it for 20 seconds or so till you hear the drum sounds unless the unit has a reset hole?

If the car is a Fiat, have you tried this forum:
http://www.fiatforum.com/blue-me/

Good question, dhn. There have been Blue & Me systems built on both Nav2 and Nav3 platforms. The very earliest were actually built on the GO750 base. The rest have been Nav3 units. It will depend upon the age of the device. Units with serial numbers that start with "WI" are the Nav2 units. Those starting with TN, TI, TH, TM or TG are Nav3 units. Either way, the reset will be 20 second hold of the power button.

@zelroy
What are the first 2 characters of the serial number on your unit?
Does your device behave normally when operating in the vehicle? In other words, does the screen fail to produce a picture ONLY when you connect it to the computer for updates?
As suggested, try a reset of the unit. Hold the power button down for 20 seconds until you hear the drums start to sound, and release immediately at that point.

Thank you for your reply.It's TomTom Blue&Me and yes the vehicle is a Fiat.
I am using the cable provided with the device and using different ports on
the laptop.
It was working before but for some reason it has stopped working.
We took it down to the vehicle and it wouldn't operate in that.
It does not have a reset button.
Yes we have the latest apps.
It is brand new - we have only had our vehicle and device for one month.
Many thanks

Ask a Question