Tomtom and power bank

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom one/ TomTomXXL 540S/Tomtom Go Live 1535m / TomTom Go 50S
Hello there guys,

Will it be possible to run a gps, such as the tomtom 50S, out of a 20000mah power bank for 8 hours?

I know the best way is to try but, before I buy it, I will like to know your input?

Thanks in advance

B1A99D69-E7F9-4F37-A758-2826EF411A51.png
Is the info attached still accurate?

Hey -- had forgotten having written that!
Yes, your selection (20000mAh) should do nicely with power to spare, if the spec is real.

That’s what it says. Bought an Aukey 20000mAH powerbank with the 2.4amp charger. Let’s see how it works and after I will post the result here just in case someone else needs that info.

Thanks for the fast reply. Have a great day.

Well, after 14 hours of continuous use the gps did not even drain 25% of the charge. Pretty amazed with the results.

I looked at buying this power bank for my Start 25 but I was advised by Aukley that it wouldn't be compatible. See below.

We have received your message and gotten knowledge of the issue. Thanks for your inquiry. Our power bank has a big current, it cannot be used for charging small electrical devices like TomTom. Because the current is so big that it will start self protect then it will not let the power bank to charge. The power bank needs to charge phones or tablets.

We will always be here for you, please contact us anytime when you have problems.

Best Regards,
Claire
Aukey Customer Service

This put me off buying the power bank, any problems using the Tom Tom with the power bank?
Thank you

Sounds like a load of hooey to me, but if you'd be good enough to provide a link to the specific Aukey device you have in mind, we can sort that out.
Your TomTom 25 will require at most 1.6A (1500ma) of charge current, and even their little PB-N42 10000mA device allows for 2.1A of charge current.

I was looking at the one meantioned above the Aukley 20000 mAH.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-013925_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-013925_Chrome.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 331
I also looked at buying a Anker power bank I enclose an email I received from Anker about its compatible with my Start 25.

I also asked Tom Tom customer service but they have never responded.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-014247_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-014247_Gmail.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 411
Enclosed reply from Tom Tom.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-070810_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-070810_Gmail.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 520
I use my GPS every week day with my power bank and so far no issues whatsoever after 6 months. The power bank still performs the same which is outstanding. Could not recommend this product more. I’m super satisfied with the results.

I was looking at the one meantioned above the Aukley 20000 mAH.

Thank you
Aukley has more than one 20000mAh unit (several, in fact) and I can't tell from your photo which one of the several that is. Need to know the specific model number if I'm going to look it up.

I use my GPS every week day with my power bank and so far no issues whatsoever after 6 months. The power bank still performs the same which is outstanding. Could not recommend this product more. I’m super satisfied with the results.
Thank you very much

Aukley has more than one 20000mAh unit (several, in fact) and I can't tell from your photo which one of the several that is. Need to know the specific model number if I'm going to look it up.
I didn't realize that there was more than one.
Will try to find more info.
Thank you

That one would work just fine, but you want to be careful about the exact selection you make, not because of the TomTom, but because of the charging source that each of the Aukey units can use.
They have several very similar 20000mAh devices but with different inputs.

For example, I believe that the PB-N36 assumes availability of an adapter with an Apple charge cable. The PB-Y11 assumes a USB-C charger cord is used. Make sure you pick the one for which you already have a charger/cable to charge it so as to avoid another purchase.

That’s what it says. Bought an Aukey 20000mAH powerbank with the 2.4amp charger. Let’s see how it works and after I will post the result here just in case someone else needs that info.

Thanks for the fast reply. Have a great day.
Can I get an external battery pack for Tomtom Start 52. I know driving examiners use them

Ask a Question