tomtom 920 sound problems....

Hello all....I am new to this forum and I hope to learn/contribute from all of you

I am having 2 problems with my 920

1) I cannot chose the voice option to chose my street/city etc....When I press the lips, it used to prompt "Please state city"....now it doesn't say that and when I speak the volume bar does not move to show that it hears a voice....any ideas? Do i need a firmware upgrade? I bought this second hand and I do not know what firmware it is nor where to find the latest firmware/maps....

2) What the heck is that button in the back for? I cannot figure it out for the life of me....

any help would be appreciated!

1. Do you have a computer voice selected?

2. Are you talking about the silver button with the hands? That's part of the locking device into the mount for the window.

Or, if the 920 is like my 720 and you are referring to a small rubber like thing, that's a protective cover for an antenna, I think.

1. Do you have a computer voice selected?

2. Are you talking about the silver button with the hands? That's part of the locking device into the mount for the window.

Or, if the 920 is like my 720 and you are referring to a small rubber like thing, that's a protective cover for an antenna, I think.

yes i have the computer voice selected b.c it reads out the street names...it was working before but it stopped now

as well, where can i update the maps/firmware for this unit?

where do i get home software?
If you bought that 920 new, in a box, it will have come with a CD. The TomTom Home software is there. It will likely auto-update the first time you use it on a network attached machine.

If you bought it used without a CD, you'll have to download the TomTom Home software from the tomtom.com website.

When I press the lips, it used to prompt "Please state city"....now it doesn't say that and when I speak the volume bar does not move to show that it hears a voice....any ideas?

Lemme' guess, the lips are grey too, right? Mine does that sometimes too. Try downloading the flash tool. (yes, even though the file name says it's for the 510 and 710 it's intended for the 920 too; I use it once every month or two). The tool won't erase any of your precious data, it just cleans out the cobwebs a bit.

Ask a Question