Tomtom 740TM no maps found on device

For the quickfix file, try this .... on a PC

1. Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit.
2. Find the ephem folder and delete everything in there
3. Go here on your computer:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\
and delete any subfolders you see there.
4. Connect to Home and you should be offered a new gpsquickfix file. Download and install it.

Before doing any of the above:
Make an Explorer, NOT Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

trying to get it to show traffic on route and read aloud traffic info and that is it. I logged in to live services, but it doesnt read aloud traffic or show traffic. and it doesnt talk, but susan is enabled.
hopefully i dont have another problem now,

I have quick fix on device, i really dont know how to use explorer to look at my device. I should leave it alone now as it is for now up to date, but still need to the traffic stuff

Last edited:
(Psssttt - hey buddy, over here. No, don't look over your shoulder, they'll know we're watching them.)

Before you do anything - and I mean ANYTHING else with your unit, PLEASE perform a full backup of the contents to one or the other of your PCs. Instructions for your XP unit can be found here:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Once you have that full backup, there's almost nothing we can't do quickly if you ever get into trouble again somehow.

Don't worry about quickgpsfix. The 740 will download it over-the-air automatically once you get the LIVE services up.

You can try removing/re-adding the voices in Tomtom HOME, or again if you need more real-time help call back phone support. Tomtom is the #1-rated GPS company for tech support, precisely because they're willing to take the time to stay on the line and walk you through resolution to every problem.

Last edited:

Ask a Question