TomTom 720 Sony C902 and Sony MEX-BT2700

Everything seems to be working alright except for this one important point. When I use TomTom to make a phone call my Sony mobile will either let the phone call be heard through the phone speaker or on TomTom's speaker. I am trying very hard to get phone sound out of the car speakers. I can only do this when I turn off TomTom, and use only the phone and car stereo. How can I get all three working togther ?

Last edited:
Is your TomTom a 710 or 720? (seems a strange question but I have answered the exact same question earlier this morning for a 710 on another forum)

Eitherway TomTom do not support phone audio via any external connection, you can only have the phone call audio from the devices built in speaker, there was a hack to the z10 range for a while that let use use the Line Out option for phone calls but that was soon stopped - Mike

Can anyone then verify that the IO Play unit would then give me telephone output with my TomTom into my car speakers ?

I have my TomTom connected to the iO-Play via bluetooth for Nav instructions, speed camera warnings and music all through the car speakers, the second channel of the iO-Play is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth so when I answer the phone all the call audio is through the car speakers, works very well.

One other trick on the iO-Play is to press the red call reject button which activates the voice control on phones that support this (iPhone 3GS does) then you can dial out/ control the phone by voice via the iO-Play - Mike

Ask a Question