Tomtom 720 Red & White X

Hi all,

Just got my first TomTom, the 720. Bad experience so far. When I turn it on, it shows the standard screen with a picture of a hard drive in the bottom right corner, flashes through the progress bar and sits on the same screen with a red and white circled X flashing repeatedly. I figured this was due to out of date software, so I connected and installed everything the Home software had to offer by downloading a new "application" and installing it. Same problem. Rolled back by using my original backup, same problem. Is this a known error? Should I have done something else? Do I need to use an SD card for anything?

Many thanks

Thanks for the advice guys. I will take it back tomorrow. I thought I might have screwed something up. The store said they will do an immediate exchange, which is nice.

Tt720go

Thanks to this forum, now I know what is wrong with my new 720. Having the same problem, will be returning it. Thanks:D

Ask a Question