tomtom 6 on htc touch cruise

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere.

I purchased a phone over ebay, a HTC TOuch Cruise, with Tomtom 6 preinstalled and maps for my area....
Anyway after 15 months of solid usage, the loaded version of Tomtom 6 said no maps available and the programme exited.

I contacted the supplier of my phone who has sent me the version of tom tom with all of the maps.

I have done the following:
1. Formatted the sd card which had the software on it.
2. Uninstalled the programme on my phone.
3. Copied the software accross from the provided cd to the sd card...
4. Ran the tt.cab file on the sd card and installed the tomtom to the card then hit the tomtom file to execute the programme.
5. Went thru the preferences eg time, left handed or right handed, language preferences etc etc.
6. I get to the next screen again which says NO MAPS AVAILABLE!
7. I hit next and says you can have one map for free, either downloadable from www or thru activesync.
8. I goto download the free map to try and get "thru" the setup and the only locations available for maps are east/ west europe and america. I live in Australia!
9. I have all of the maps on the sd card in the Australia maps folder.

According to the user manual it says I need to activate the programe either automatically or manually, but this never comes on my screen. My first question is why not?
My second question is:
Is there an easy way to get the maps on my cell phone to work, as the maps are already located in the folder ready to go?
My third question is:
Is there a way to bypass "downloading this free map" so I can actually get to the next set of options on my phone?

I appreciate and welcome anyones responses to the above.

Thanks
acermanau

Ask a Question