TomTom 500 help!

Hey i have a tomto0m 910 bought it for ?500 when i first came out, im kinda dissapointed i cant do shortest route or quickest route, even websites thast have route planners lets you choose this.

It gives me 3 different routes when i say calculate alternative, but never comes up with the route i get off the best website for the UK which says its only 27mins, when the best the tomtom will give me is 33mins. And is def not the same route...i cant even seem to program in a route by selecting different roads as i go.....like if iwanted to go on a trip thru certain roads, i can only add the roads mi want to go to as a "via" in a route

Am i missing something here?The reason i spent ?500 is cause i thought i was getting the best?

Last edited:
Also, TomTom doesn't work like you're trying to make it work. It routes you, and if you deviate, it re-routes you. You shouldn't have to touch it during a normal drive (if you have to tell it to get you around an accident, that's different). If you want it to take you to specific places during your drive, set up a planned route.

Relax and let TomTom guide you... don't sweat the "its route isn't the fastest" details because, like weather forecasting and sports wagering, travel time prediction is both knowledge and guesswork. No one gets it right every time.

Ask a Question