Tomtom 300 gets good GPS signal, won't display map

First the facts: Software version 6.520, US map version 619, GPS v.1.21, Boot 4.86, OS 1387.

I'm currently working in Honolulu for several weeks and brought my Tomtom with me. It has worked without any problems on the mainland. Here in Hawaii, I pick up good GPS signal, but the unit will not display any map at all. I've tried resetting the unit (soft and factory) with no results. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Any solutions short of buying a Garmin?

Many thanks,

Russ

Is Hawaii loaded? Does that come with the Guam maps? It sounds like you just don't have the "correct" map loaded (ie, the one with Hawaii!). You might try to change maps and see what options you have.

Back in the GO Classic days when we loaded maps of each state from CD, when driving from Texas to Oklahoma, you'd hit the border and the mapping just died out... because the Texas maps were loaded and the Oklahoma maps were not. If you changed to the OK maps, you'd be fine (but Texas would now be blank). I think you just have the "wrong" map set enabled.

EDIT: Oops, I see you have a 300... what I described is very likely your problem. You may not even have the Hawaii file loaded on your TomTom. :(

Last edited:

Ask a Question