TomTom - #1 in crappy customer service!

Good to know, I was (unkowingly) using google maps as tool to see if/when TT maps would finally show my area. I see though, that teleatatlas still shows in the bottom of the google maps.

One thing is odd though, the TomTom maps are more up to date than the teleatlas maps show online, as pianoCM's tests showed (and do my own now), so even they can't be used to see how up to date TomTom's latest release is.

I bought the newest map as well, and I must say too, that the new map is a vast improvement, I drove to Cold Lake (150 kms away) the other day and was not shown off the map a single time, whereas before at least 40% of the time before I was either off the road or on the wrong road completely (when in small towns)

Google still shows TeleAtlas for its Canadian mapping, for US mapping, it shows its own.

I bought the newest map as well, and I must say too, that the new map is a vast improvement,...
I'm glad that you're happy with your newly purchased map and for your own sake, do make a backup now.

I'm glad that you're happy with your newly purchased map and for your own sake, do make a backup now.

Done! also did some more testing, found a couple of roads still missing, which is odd because they are all quite old too, but the biggest improvement is the accuracy factor, so far no more off the road or a block over. I have only driven my local area though, in a week or so I'm driving to Edmonton so that will be the real test..

Ask a Question