TomTom 1.6 - Favorites and other settings lost after upgrade

I have just upgraded TomTom to v1.6 (from whatever version was the most recent until yesterday) and lost some settings such as Traffic and Favorites.

I had the same issue when upgrading to a previous version several months ago.

Is there a way to restore these settings?

Or is there an update planned to fix this?

Thank you.

Ben

PS: I have a 3GS running iOS 4.0.1.

In core trillium, copying over the mapsettings.cfg file from a backed up map to the new map folder often restores the favourites.

I don't know anything about the TT app on the iphone but if you can do similar, it may help

Nope the iPhne app is different and the dodges we employ to retain/ re-load Favourites post a map update on the standalone devices just won't work with the iPhone software.
If you have a list of Favourites you should consider creating these as a single custom POI file in the ov2 format, name the file "Favourites" and save it in the ov2 format. Load this to the current map folder on the device using PhoneAid/ DiskAid. Whilst this will also get deleted at the next update you can simply reinstall the "_Favourites" file to the map folder and you are up and running again - Note your iPhone doesn't need to be Jail Broken to install third party/ home made POI files - Mike

Use POIEdit on your PC to create your POI file as its not yet possible to drive the POI menu from within the iPhone app on the unit itself. Once the ov2 file has been created on the PC simply use DiskAid/ PhoneAid to transfer it to the correct location on the iPhone and it will become a selectable category when you use Navigate To/ Point of Interest - Mike

Ask a Question