TomTom 1.2, iPhone - Lane Guidance possibly not quite working...

Hello,

I recently installed the TomTom 1.2 update and love the new features. However, my Lane Assist only seems to partially work.

I get the lane assist diagram at the bottom-left of the screen at the relevant junctions, but I don't get the full-screen "reality view" that I have seen in the TomTom screenshots... I've only tested this from my workplace to my home (about 25 miles including town/city roads and highways/motorways), and although I saw the small Lane Assist diagram at the bottom-left, I never saw a full-screen version.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance! :)

It's working fine with me. I have used it both in Europe and USA and it has been working fine all places.

Thanks for your response... but knowing it works for you doesn't help me to fix my version, unfortunately... :)

Does it show you the full-screen Lane Guidance image for every single junction? (i.e. every time you have the icon at the bottom left, you also have the ful-screen image?)

Far from every junction is covered with the reality view, for example in the UK I would estimate you get a reality view picture for around 10% of the junctions that you pass on the Motorway, in Canada I think there are less than ten reality view pictures for the entire country (was the case with the v835 map on the PND range), it really depends upon local coverage - Mike

ah, ok... that would make sense in that case... that's obviously the reason I've not seen a single reality view image on my screen yet!

Presumably the junctions I've driven on so far are deemed not complex enough by TomTom to warrant a full-screen picture, right?

Ask a Question