Tomto910 speed camer alerts

Can anyone tell me how to turn on voice alerts for speed camera's (U.K map)
TomTom Home is showing the database installed but I passed loads of camera's yesterday over a 240 mile distance and never had 1 voice alert. Neither did I see any on the screen itself, although at my age that wouldn't be to hard to miss them. Any help appreciated.

Go to Change Preferences>Manage POI>Warn Near POI>Select the Red light Camera POI>Choose a warning sound

You can check it by running a demo to the closest red light camera to see if it works.

Thanks for the replies and you are correct, it does seem to be different for TomTom's although I don't have any experience of other satnav's. I have contacted TomTom customer support by email but have had no reply, pity I couldn't find their phone number in the U.K.

To enable the warnings for TT cameras just go;

Main menu > TomTom PLUS services > Safety camera warnings > Enable warnings

However, voice warnings are not possible (unless you have a 910 with pre-v6.52 software, in which case you can use TTS), only the 'polite 2' beep!

FYI, the UK number is: 0845 1610009

Thanks for the information, as I still haven't received a reply from TomTom the tel: number is also appreciated.

Ask a Question