tom tom xxl classic formmated with no no back up

TomTom Model(s)
tom tom xxl classic eastern europe
i have a tom tom xxl classic with uk and eastern Europe maps with the serial number starting with GQ how can i make this work again??

Last edited:
Your thread title says the device was formatted without a backup. If that is correct then you'll need to repurchase the map. The application should be able to be downloaded using Home. It'll be free.

Please clarify your situation.

Your thread title says the device was formatted without a backup. If that is correct then you'll need to repurchase the map. The application should be able to be downloaded using Home. It'll be free.

Please clarify your situation.
i have tried everything and not be successful what other options am i left with?

this is what im faced with

Attachments

• Tom Tom Home.jpg
    Tom Tom Home.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 401
When you connect to Home-->Manage my Device-->Items on Device-->maps, what shows there?

Items on Computer-->maps, what shows there?

When you first connect your XXL to your PC, and Home starts, does it offer to provide any updates to your unit? It appears that you may already have firmware loaded on it after the reformat.

there are no maps showing on the device at all and when connected to the computer it offers no updates

It's like formatting a PC without any backup discs. Why do people do this?

To the OP: You MIGHT be able to talk tech support into providing a map for you to download if you plead with them, but no guarantees. They obviously don't want people claiming 'no map' to get free updates that way, so ...
Your IP address shows you are in the UK, so it's 0845 161 0009 or 020 7387 5444

Martyn, can you tell us the software version that is on the XXL now? I'm thinking you may have ended up with a version of software that is incompatible with new maps, which is why none are being shown to purchase.

See here for instructions How to find the version numbers of your maps and software
(You MAY need to use the "Last resort" method at the bottom of the page)

-----------------------

Also, just possibly, you may need to start again with an unformatted device, go right back to v1 of Home, update the software as far as you can there, and THEN reinstall Home 2 and continue updating.

As always, make a back up of it whatever state it is in at the moment (even if not working well) before changing anything.

Last edited:

Ask a Question