Tom Tom USA iPhone

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom USA iPhone app
I just upgraded my phone today to iPhone 4S, after using Tom Tom USA for the past 2.5 years on an iPhone 3GS.

I restored my iPhone in iTunes. The Tom Tom USA app is present, and works, but there is no icon to launch it.

If I click the App Store, and search for Tom Tom USA, it tells me that it is installed.

The only way to launch it, is to do a SEARCH of the phone for "Tom Tom USA".

It then shows up listed as "Top Hit." I can use the program, but I would rather have its icon show up on my home pages, rather than having to search for it.

I will attempt to upload screen images, of my search results.

Can anybody help me?

Attachments

• IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 454
Moving this one over to the Mobile section...

Are you using the latest version? I believe you need the latest version to run the app on IOS 5+.

What IOS was your 3GS running?

Missing app icons can also be an issue with jailbroken devices. If you are jailbroken, you might need to fix permissions, and/or go in to SBSettings and try toggling icons on/off between resprings. That issue is normally only an issue with cracked apps. (meaning ones downloaded from the XXXXXXous app.)

Please note that the name of the app is obscured, so that I won't lead anyone to an app that violates the forums policy. If a user is using this app already, they will know what it is, and may be able to correct the issue using those steps. If that is the case, the proper way to fix it would be to purchase it from the app store.

Ask a Question