Tom tom Support wouldn't honer their LMG

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
I just called TT support regarding the LMG since I received my TT720 only last August 12 and I have read through the forums, wait until the next release of the new map, so I did.

This morning came and saw that the new map was released. and tried to call the support line only to find out that they wont honor it since I bought the unit from ebay and the person from ebay got it from amazon.com. That sucks because the unit is brand new, never opned and never used.

The support person told me they wouldn't honr the LMG because I am a third party buyer.

Have anyone encountered this?

I know that TT does NOT consider ebay as a recognized reseller but does recognize Amazon.

You might want to try to call again since there are situations where ebay purchasers have gotten the LMG. You may get lucky with a different CS representative.

Just friggin great...I went to buy the subscription last night and didn't have my CC handy. Now it's $60 instead of $48. Guess I'll wait a couple of months to subscribe now so I'll get this update and 4 additional ones instead of just these 4. Crap.

Ask a Question