TOM TOM Start

Hi. Only new to this Forum. I got a tomtom start for christmas. It says it has spoken street names but I went to town today and it didn't speak any street names at all when telling me where to drive. The town is Charters Towers in Northern Qld. Does this feature only work in major towns or is there something I'm doing wrong.

Welcome to the forum, I wasn't aware the Start model had the Text To Speech system for reading out road names, in case I am wrong can you go to Change Preferences/ Switch Voice and scroll through all that are listed, do any appear with the words "Computed Voice" on the top right of the screen (Kate/ Simon are the UK TTS voices)
To be honest I think their web site is incorrect where it says the Start comes with the ability to read out road names, but it certainly says "Spoken street names" with your country set to Australia - Mike

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the application installed. Now, tap the version number and the next screen shows the map installed and its version number.

As well.......

It also shows the number of megs of internal memory installed. Does yours say 32 megs or 64 megs? If 32 megs, it isn't capable of TTS. If 64 megs, then it is. Do as Mike says, in that case, to add a computer voice.

Ask a Question