Tom Tom Start will not load

TomTom Model(s)
Start
Evening all,

My Dad came to me this evening with his Tom Tom (Model: 1EX00) saying it was not working. It will get past the 'hands' screen, then just display the 'Start' screen and will not go any further. I had to remove the case and press the reset button just to power the unit down. I thought this was a simple case of maybe updating the unit, so I have done that too. Nada.

I told him to leave it with me, as surely it couldn't be that difficult to fix (and I've lent him my XL, so he won't be without one, as he needs it for work). But hooo boy, was I wrong!

I have scoured the internet for a solution, but to no avail. First of all, yes, I have created a manual backup to my computer, so I can mess with the contents of the unit 'till my hearts content.

I've tried the 'Clear Flash' software, that didn't work. I've tried deleting all of the loose folders from the unit and letting Home 2 do another update, but that also just froze on a second hands screen this time. I'm at the end of my tether and I need helps, as well as my own TomTom back from my dad! >_<

Anyone got any ideas? Pleaaaaase?

Connect the unit to Home. Run the emulator (Operate my Start). Plan a trip. When the route has been set, disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

That option is greyer out - if I try to click it, it says 'You cannot use this feature as it is not supported by your device'. Gah!

Ask a Question