Tom Tom Start (1EX00) stuck after update

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom Start
Yesterday i updated my Tom TOm 1EX00 (TT Start). After updating it keeps rebooting and only gives the Tom Tom Logo and that's it. I see some .chk files in the root at the moment the update was processing (12:50 pm).
The TT is about nine months and i hope it's Service from Tom Tom to repair it as Service, but if not maybe someone can help me. I didn't make a backup before starting the update.
I already deleted with the manage option in Tom Tom Home software and updated the Tom after that but it didn't help. It's stil possible to make a connection with Tom Tom Home. Does anyone has an idea??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

did you try to simply reset your device (no settings will be lost). If your device doesn't have a reset pin hole you'll just need to press and hold the power button until you hear the drum roll (approx. 15 seconds).

Regards
Lars.

did you try to reset?

Yes i tried to reset with the pinhole but it keeps rebooting....

What happens if you attempt to run "Operate my Start" in Tomtom home?

If it succeeds, add a favorite in the "operate my start" window, and disconnect to see if it starts up. If it starts up delete the favorite on the device, and reconnect and try to get more updates in home until nothing else is offered in "Operate my start"

operate tom tom

I tried that but the Tom Tom Home software is hanging when in try to do that. A pitty!!
Michel

Try this:
1. Connect to the computer and make an Explorer, not Home, backup. If not sure how, see HERE
2. Format the unit. Don't use quickformat
3. Restore the backup.

See if that helps.

Do NOT worry about the .chk files you are seeing. Ignore the fact that Windows uses that file extension for left over fragments of lost files.

TomTom aren't restricted to using the same conventions on their equipment, and on a TomTom the .chk files are your VOICES and other sounds. Don't lose them!

RE: format Tom Tom and chk files

Yesterday i called Tom Tom and they tried to repair on the phone by deleting the files in the root and an update afterwords. It didn't help very much :mad:.

Happenly i got the offer to send it to Tom Tom for repair because it is not older tha 1 year. Grrrhhh not nice but i got six monts extra guarantee afterwards......

Thanks everybody for helping!!

Ask a Question