Tom Tom Rider v2 Battery cable

I need help with the Tom Tom Rider!
I want to use the battery cable so the Tom Tom is powered off the bikes battery. I cant get it to work though.

I have connect the cable to the bikes battery and then connected the cable to the cradle with the Tom Tom connected. No power is transmitted to the Tom Tom.

What am I doing wrong. You may laugh, but I have no idea what to do. Tom Tom didn't help either with no instructions.#

Where do I connect the cable if its not the battery etc

Please advice in simple lingo ha

I have a Rider2 on my Suzuki VStrom. I wired it to the battery (actually to a junction box I made, which is connected directly to the battery) with an inline fuse. Works fine.

Can you provide a bit more info?.....why do you say there is no power at the cradle? I will check and see which of the 4 pins on the cradle has 12v power and ground so you can check. Make sure your fuse is good, and that you have a good ground. You can check for 12v at the wire plug at the cradle as well, making sure you are getting power there.

Let me know how you make out, and I will try to help you out.

My rider2 has performed flawlessly for over 34,000km of riding this summer.

Cheers

rcacs

Thanks for your help.
12v on a Ninja 650. I have not used a fuse so I am a little confused now!
The tomtom chargers off a mains plug but there is no sign of charging when it is docked in the cradle and connected to a trickle charger or the bike batt.

What equipment should I buy to get his up and running or where should cables be connected to etc.

Thanks
Bren

The TomTom wont actually show you that its charging. There is no light or anything to indicate so.

However, if you have the device turned on, and touch the bottom right corner of the screen, the next screen that pops up will show you a battery indicator in the top right corner.

I'll bet you its working just fine. Make SURE you put an inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.

Also, just a forum tip, put your location and your TT model in your signature line. That way everyone knows what you have and where you are.

Cheers

Ask a Question