Tom Tom One won't power on

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by rmila75, Nov 1, 2009.

1. rmila75

rmila75

My TomTom One (3rd edition) will not power on unless it is connected to my PC via USB. After being plugged in for just a short while, it WILL turn on if unplugged. It also seems to "forget" the update that I added to it using the Tom Tom online updater software.
    Any ideas how to proceed?
    This thing worked brilliantly back in August and September, and now for no reason, it is acting up after being left unused for a few weeks. :confused:

rmila75, Nov 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. rmila75

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    Have you tried a reset on the unit?

Also, try the Clear Flash tool found here.

Run it 3 times.

Further, have you fully charged the unit with the car charger? If it is not holding the charge, the battery may be dying.

Try the reset and clear flash first.

dhn, Nov 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. rmila75

ToneTone

TomTom Model(s):
    GO5100
    I couldn't power on my GO5100 by usual method of pressing OM button for 5 seconds.
    Like some phones that you need to disconnect the battery to get them going again, that's what I did with the GO5100.
    Follow online instructions to remove the back plate and connectors, then remove battery connection for a couple of minutes. If you can test the battery for power that would discount a dead battery. If you get a reading of 4 volts then there's a good chance it's OK. Reconect battery lead and replace backplate, not forgetting to reconnect any other leads. Try that. Good luck.

ToneTone, Jan 18, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question