Tom Tom One v2 Screen stuck when charging

TomTom Model(s)
TOM TOM ONE version 2
Hi I am new to forum.
My green light is on at top.The device is not showing connected to computer when I look for attached devices. I tried reset with paperclip and found there is now a small blue square showing in bottom left corner of screen with white hands on it. This came on as I reinserted the SD card. The remainder of the screen is partially orange showing the display "Please wait" with eggtimer and red cross on hand, indicating not to remove the connecting USB cable.
( I had been sent a new cable by a Tom Tom team member as he said that if I had green light on top, the device must still be OK). I had rung them as had just purchased a new Europe online map, but could not get a refund on it. I had then to purchase a new Tom Tom with it installed from local Halfords as was just off on trip to France.
As I have now returned am trying to get the old Tom Tom to work. Any suggestions? Is it worth me trying to down load the Europe map to a new SD card, and if so what sort do I need, and would that even work if I cannot get beyond the orange screen?
I did make a back up before the trouble of the new Europe map.Thanks for your help. I am so gutted at having bought the new download, and then having to buy another complete Tom Tom within a couple of weeks!

Was the backup for the unit you are currently having issues with?

If so, you might try to restore it. I would not suggest purchasing any other maps till you get the unit to at least boot up properly.

Yes, it was for the old Tom Tom, the one I am having problems with. I am a bit concerned as to whether the back up I did will now work? Any suggestions as to how I can get it to boot up?
Thanks for replying !

Well, unless you restore the backup, you won't know if it boots up, will you?

To be clear, does it boot up NOW? If so, then do NOT restore the backup.

Does not show up as connected to computer, so I guess it is not booted up. It is fully charged though. The small blue icon,on left handside of Tom Screen has now gone. The Tom Tom screen is lit up with the orange Screen and image of Tom Tom screen, and it makes the drum noise,but will not show any info/go any further.
Any ideas? I suspect it is the card which is causing the difficulty?

Sorry, but I'm slightly confused by your descriptions. What happens when you switch the device on when NOT connected to the computer, and what happens when it IS connected to the computer?

Ask a Question