Tom Tom One for $154+shipping!

TomTom Model(s)
One v2
eCost.com offers the Tom Tom One (not sure which version model) for only $154 + shipping!

Picture:

4941056a.jpg

Description:

ONE Portable GPS Vehicle Navigation System

Features

-Built-in bluetooth 2.0 technology
-Anti-glare screen: Always an optimal view
-Compass mode: Displays compass on screen to have even better orientation while driving
-Car speed linked volume: Volume of voice instructions will increase/decrease depending on speed of car

Specifications

Display Screen: 3.5" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD Touch Screen
Form Factor: Portable
Dimensions: 3.8" x 3.2" x 1"
Interfaces: USB 1.1 - USB
Memory: 32MB RAM
Product Type: All-in-one Navigator
Display Resolution: 320 x 240
Color Support: 65536 (64k) Colors (16-bit)
Expansion Slots: Secure Digital (SD)
Product Model: ONE
Processor: 266MHz
Battery Life: 2 Hour(s)

This is one hell of a deal!!

Wow, that's dirt cheap people! Nice find.

I ordered one from eCost. It arrived today.

There is a slip of paper that says essentially,

THIS IS A REFURBISHED PRODUCT....

But their ad in the internet does not say that it is refurbished. I will decide tonight if I want to return it. I hate this c r @p business.

If indeed it's the earlier version that includes the SD card slot, and if it does work fine, then consider yourself lucky. "Refurb" simply means that it got sent back into the process for one reason or another, and it ended up getting a pretty complete scrub before being sent back out. Probably better than that afforded to a "new" unit. Unless there are clear defects, then you've got yourself a good deal. Be happy!

If indeed it's the earlier version that includes the SD card slot, and if it does work fine, then consider yourself lucky. "Refurb" simply means that it got sent back into the process for one reason or another, and it ended up getting a pretty complete scrub before being sent back out. Probably better than that afforded to a "new" unit. Unless there are clear defects, then you've got yourself a good deal. Be happy!
I dont agree. If you go to the site, they have the TT advertised at that price alright but nowhere in the page does it say that it is refurbished. I just checked it and what I saw is at the end of the description that says "(Manufacturer recertified.)". I think this is what is meant by refurbished? If it is indeed refurb, they SHOULD STATE SO and not disguise it with some other terms. Deceitful practise and downright cheating.

Now if I want to buy a refurb one, I can do so easily. Pricegrabber has a section for refurb TT1 and they cost just about $150 or so. Incidentally, eCost is listed under used and refurbished selling at $158. Maybe Pricegrabber forced them to tell the truth.

Ask a Question