Tom Tom One Corrupt Files - Help

Hi, I've tried to upload new maps etc to my Tom Tom. It was taking so long I left it connected to the PC, and went off to work. When I came back the PC had powered down half way through the up date. I've tried reconnecting but have got into a fix, now the Tom Tom has no maps and when I try to reconnect via Tom Tom home I get the message there is not enough memory to upload new maps. A list of items to delete comes up but its doesn;t give me enough space to start again. Think I have old and new map files part loaded. Can I simply format my Tom tom, connect to tom tom home and start again? Of course I didn't take a back up before I started this - you live and learn. Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. I really need my tom tom for a holiday trip tomorrow,

Since you've started the HOME map download, the map is already assigned to your email account.

Delete your map folder on your Tomtom (eg: UK&ROI), and run a chkdsk /f on the drive. You should have enough space after that to do "add map" in HOME.

I'm having the exact problem, my unit is an XL330s. I've run the chkdsk/f and it states that everything is OK, tells me that I have 509meg remaining and that I have 516 used in 429 files. When I look in the TomTom software on my desk top, it shows what on my harddrive and GPS, it says I have around 24 meg on my unit.
What about deleting everything on my unit? Can I get all the correct software from TomTom website?

Last edited:

Ask a Question