Tom Tom one 3rd Edition Current Map View

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by ggoo592, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ggoo592

ggoo592

I am considering buying a Tom Tom One 3rd Edition. I recently borrowed a friends for a trial and was unable to figure out how to show just a "current location map". It appeared it always wants to send you to a destination either one you input or the HOME location. Is this really the case or did I have a setting wrong. I could not find any good info in the owners manual. Thanks for the input.

ggoo592, Dec 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ggoo592

Birdman

TomTom Model(s):
    TomTom Go 920

Follow these screen shots to show you a map of where you are:
    NOTE: Be sure to have a route planned on the unit. This can be for a route to anywhere, it is just to insure you get the second screen option
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feel free to zoom in and drag your finger across the map to get more details.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
    Birdman, Dec 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ggoo592

ggoo592

Will this allow it to follow me were I go on a daily basis with out it trying to direct me back to the location of the route? I have a garmin gps III and it basically just shows me were I am all the time. I like that feature however would like to upgrade to a color screen and be able to input addresses when desired, to plan routes, just not all of the time. Is this the wrong GPS to be looking at for these functions???

ggoo592, Dec 24, 2007
  4. ggoo592

46jimbo

TomTom Model(s):
    TT ONE v1
    I think what you want to do is to clear the present route. (It seems we answer this one so often!)

There is a 'Clear route' icon. However, TomTom, in all its wisdom, has chosen to hide this necessary feature. Here's how to find it.

In 'Preferences', find the icon for 'Show all menu options'. Now go back through the menus and you should find it on page 3.

46jimbo, Dec 24, 2007
  5. ggoo592

Alwaysonfyr

Show ALL menu options

46jimbo

I have read and tried what you said about 'Show ALL menu options' on page 3 under preferences. i still could not locate the icon. Can you help.

Alwaysonfyr, Dec 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question