Tom Tom one 3rd Edition Current Map View

I am considering buying a Tom Tom One 3rd Edition. I recently borrowed a friends for a trial and was unable to figure out how to show just a "current location map". It appeared it always wants to send you to a destination either one you input or the HOME location. Is this really the case or did I have a setting wrong. I could not find any good info in the owners manual. Thanks for the input.

I am considering buying a Tom Tom One 3rd Edition. I recently borrowed a friends for a trial and was unable to figure out how to show just a "current location map". It appeared it always wants to send you to a destination either one you input or the HOME location. Is this really the case or did I have a setting wrong. I could not find any good info in the owners manual. Thanks for the input.

Follow these screen shots to show you a map of where you are:
NOTE: Be sure to have a route planned on the unit. This can be for a route to anywhere, it is just to insure you get the second screen option
help1.gif

help2.gif

help3.gif

help4.gif

Feel free to zoom in and drag your finger across the map to get more details.

Last edited:
Will this allow it to follow me were I go on a daily basis with out it trying to direct me back to the location of the route? I have a garmin gps III and it basically just shows me were I am all the time. I like that feature however would like to upgrade to a color screen and be able to input addresses when desired, to plan routes, just not all of the time. Is this the wrong GPS to be looking at for these functions???

I think what you want to do is to clear the present route. (It seems we answer this one so often!)

There is a 'Clear route' icon. However, TomTom, in all its wisdom, has chosen to hide this necessary feature. Here's how to find it.

In 'Preferences', find the icon for 'Show all menu options'. Now go back through the menus and you should find it on page 3.

Show ALL menu options

46jimbo

I have read and tried what you said about 'Show ALL menu options' on page 3 under preferences. i still could not locate the icon. Can you help.

Ask a Question