Tom tom one 2nd editon - Blank SD card

Hi all,

I have a tomtom one 2nd edition but the SD card is completely blank.

I have ordered some new maps for it but I'm guessing without the required software on the card its not going to work.

Being that I don't have a backup, how do I go about restoring the operating system files?

THanks for any help.

Use winrar to extract the contents of this file to the card. Then insert the card into the Tomtom and turn it on (it will probably say "no maps found") then plug in the Tomtom into your computer.

Install tomtom HOME on your computer, go to "update my ONE", and it should download the appropriate OS update that permits you to read the map.

Tomtom one 2 Edition

Hi Mvl from Boston,

Thanks for your support with the Winrar software. First of all I am not against Tomtom as this is one of the best GPS system on the market and which is very acurate and all my family enjoy using it while we drive. Ok, here is my contribution to the community. My tomtom went dead and was not starting. I thought it was the battery and ordered one from the ebay and fix it ( taking out the old battery was quite a hard work since it was sealed and glued it hard . You need to take out the sealed battery in order to read the battery number to order ). Anyway, after fixing the new battery, I recharged and On it but to no avail. Thought about it long time and I reopened and checked and found out that the On switch is not stable and blocked. I took out the whole On switch and now only starting it with direct contact with a screw driver through the On switch hole ( which I cut off the plastic switch hole ). Ok, after doing this, I downloaded the Tomtom update and downloaded first Winrar to my SD card as suggested by MVL from Boston and once the Tomtom recognised it, I backed up my tomtom 2edition to my SD card. Thought now it is ok since it On and was only showing the splash sign, but still not going. I was frustrated and went back to sleep and my whole family was somewhat also sad and we thought of buying another one. The second day, I thought over it and eventually erased the whole SD card ( remember I still have the back up ), I took my camera SD card and downloaded again the Winrar ( this time using 2 SD card since it seems the Winrar programme was not working with the 2 edition programme ). Ok, I took the camera SD card with the Winrar and have it recognised by the Tomtom in my computer and once it's recognised, took out the camera SD card from my tomtom and insert the original SD card which has been backed up with my 2nd Edition. Lol, after some time, my Tomtom 2nd Edition started and came back to life. Yeah!!!, I was happy and you can see my families faces.
Thanks MVL from Boston and to all who contributed in the forum or support. To Tomtom, don't take this as negative criticsm but accept my experience with the product.

Welcome to TTF.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sure supermod mvl will appreciate the kind words.

Ask a Question