tom tom maps dvd

bought off ebay, for rider/go/one
thought I could load the new euro maps to my rider v1, but it appears they have been activated before for the go300.

any solution?: after all I have the genuine dvd and genuine rider and genuine sd card!

I would wait for supermod, Mikealder, to respond to this thread. He is UK based and much more experienced with TomTom maps sold on sd cards and dvd's than we in North America are.

My gut reaction is that something smells fishy here but let's wait for Mike. If you don't see a post from him with 24 hours, pm him.

(I suspect he'll be here MUCH earlier than that so check back frequently.)

doubt if its fishy per se: its obv an original dvd and has the proper card etc but I think it's a case that if the dvd software has been registered for one machine it will then not allow itself to then be downloaded to another machine type.

This is all very well for copy protection, but afaiaa the software is no longer used on the go300 and all I want to do is get some euro maps on my rider1.

thanks for all advice anyhow, very much appreciated.

Once a Product Code has been activated against a specific Device code it generates an Activation Code tied to that Product code that isn't transferable between devices - In short the only way to get a map for the device is to purchase it through TomTom Home, this ensures it will work with the device, will be the latest map and won't involve Product codes etc as all the activation is handled via Home.

Once a map is activated it cannot be re-sold so if what you have purchased has already been activated take this issue up with the seller or lodge a complaint through e-bay/ PayPall - Mike

What is the map version? and what is the application version you have on your R1?

The may be an issue right there, as certain maps will not work with the application version of Riders. Right now the current applicaton for a Rider (or at least a Rider2) is the 7.901, this is required to use any map that is 8.XXX version.

The most current map availbable for a Rider2 is 8.40

Also, I do believe that you can only install it on one unit...but I could be wrong.

Cheers

well I've emailed the seller: probably not their fault, but the advert was misdescribed as being suitable for go/rider and one series.
if anyone has a rider dvd which can be used please let me know: I need at least spanish maps.

Ask a Question