Tom Tom Home Update Problem

TomTom Model(s)
I made a mistake. I decided to take the suggestion to update Home. Now, after the installation proces is complete, attempting to start Home results in the message:

"HOMERuntime.exe failed with error 1508" etc.

Any advice?

Thanks for the suggestion. That did not solve the problem

Also ran my Registry cleaner and the program that I use to remove malware. Still no luck.

I made a mistake. I decided to take the suggestion to update Home. Now, after the installation proces is complete, attempting to start Home results in the message:

"HOMERuntime.exe failed with error 1508" etc.

Any advice?

This happened to me after I had updated Home at some point. It seemed to go away after I rebooted the computer.

If you are on a Vista machine and are using User Account Control, it can cause problems. Try setting the properties when running Home to "run as administrator" first.

If that does not work, you may have to re-install it in an administrative uswer account.

If you are not on a Vista machine, there are probably still some conflicting vestiges of the old application somewhere. Good luck.

Final Resolution.

I started HOME from the program menu and it worked. When started after installation, I still get the error message. Apparently one way to start is OK, another is not.

error 1058

atfer update to tomtom home 2.6
I received this messages tomtomhomeruntime.exe failed with error 1058:
The service cannot be syarted, either becsuse itis disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it

i am running vista x86 on 6000+ daulcore system

the solution i simply right click the program icon on the start menu click on compatability and selected run in compatability mode for windows xp service pack 2 click apply then ok

ahh thank you! very frustrating. I was checking my services, checked my registry and rebooted with no luck. I tried what another poster suggested and it worked! what a relief. I started having issues after the recent update to Home. I hardly ever connect this thing. I'm using Vista 32bit.

This work for me: the solution i simply right click the program icon on the start menu click on compatability and selected run in compatability mode for windows xp service pack 2 click apply then ok

XP Compatibility for Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and had the same problem. Running Home as an administrator didn't work but choosing XP Compatibility in program properties did the trick. Thanks

Thak you, GrahamYSA. Same helped in my case too. I removed and reinstal program several times, but did not help. The answer was finally quite simple.

Ask a Question