tom tom home problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by craigh, Mar 3, 2009.

1. craigh

craigh

I have a new tomtom one xl, when using tom tom home i connect my tom tom to my computer and all is ok but when i click on operate my xl it comes back with a message (this function is not yet supported for your navigation device or operating sytem), i have a brand new tomtom xl and windows xp, has anyone any idea as to what is the problem might be?
    Thangs
    Craig:

craigh, Mar 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. craigh

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    If you have updated to the new firmware 8.302, then that functionality is not available for a pc as yet, only a Mac. Try again in a couple of days.

dhn, Mar 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. craigh

craigh

Thanks for the reply, my firmware is, i think 8.014, i have tried to use this feature on my laptop and on my pc with the same result, the tomtom home will communicte with the unit, for example when i press show contents of my device all is ok, but operate my xl will not work and comes up with the previously stated error message.

craigh, Mar 4, 2009
  4. craigh

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    I guess you'll need to put in a call to Support at 866-486-6866 to see whether the emulator for the xl model with application 8.014 is supposed to work.

You might try uninstalling and re-installing Home.

dhn, Mar 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question