Tom Tom Home error

HI hope you can help, I am new to the whole TomTom home thing. I recently connected up my one V3 to Tom Tom home, and updated ok. Everything has been going well recently. Until one day the update process seemed to be taking ages, then I had an error on the screen, unfortunately I cant remember the exact wording, but it mentioned something about "Server error" maybe it was "SAM server" or something similar, and then something about "limited functionality" (sorry I wish I could remember the actual phrase) well being the paranoid type I immediately hit the cancel option. Can someone tell me what it was I saw and why, I just saw "limited funtionality" and panicked about doing something dodgy to my Tomtom software !

Sorry if its a daft question

HI hope you can help, I am new to the whole TomTom home thing. I recently connected up my one V3 to Tom Tom home, and updated ok. Everything has been going well recently. Until one day the update process seemed to be taking ages, then I had an error on the screen, unfortunately I cant remember the exact wording, but it mentioned something about "Server error" maybe it was "SAM server" or something similar, and then something about "limited functionality" (sorry I wish I could remember the actual phrase) well being the paranoid type I immediately hit the cancel option. Can someone tell me what it was I saw and why, I just saw "limited funtionality" and panicked about doing something dodgy to my Tomtom software !

Sorry if its a daft question
I know that Wednesday nobody could connect. Tom Tom's servers go down periodically, and instead of telling you that it's a problem on thier end, it will tell you that your internet connection isn't active, or something like that. You can usually check on here if you have a problem to see if others are experiencing the same thing.

AH Thanks,
Ok so I cant have done anything wrong to my unit ? I just saw "limited functionalilty" and panicked as I thought I might be doing something to my unit which may have rendered it with "limited funtionality"

AH Thanks,
Ok so I cant have done anything wrong to my unit ? I just saw "limited functionalilty" and panicked as I thought I might be doing something to my unit which may have rendered it with "limited funtionality"
No, I think what that means is that you can't use some of the functions that HOME offers you.

Ask a Question