Tom Tom Home error!!! HELP!!!

I have a TT ONE XLS and up to today everytime I connected it to my computer it looked for updates and was fine. Now when I connect it(been a few days) it found a new file 7. something whatever that is. And also found a new TT home version 2.1 something if I am correct, I was using home 2.0. Now I get an error non fatal when it looks for new updates??? What the heck is the problem??? I deleted home 2.0 since I thought tha twas the problem. Now I lost my backup I made when I first opened my tt one xls and now I have this stupid error and i can only report it anonymously...what is the problem and is anyone else having this problem??? What am I supposed to do??? was I not supposed to update to the new version 7.something(what is this file? and the new tt home 2.1 something???

that update must be the firmwire update 7.161 that it is asking you to update.

Is HOME giving you an error or is it your operating system?
have you tried re-installing TT HOME?

Please try not to ask the same question in different threads

Last edited:
It's home giving me the error, I try to connect to the new home and it says...

*Sam server has encountered an unexpected error* and logs me off.

And then it logs me off, it's retarded why does tom tom make it so hard...why can't it just be simple like it was a few days ago, this is BS, I lost my back up I made as soon as I got tt home 2.0 because I deleted 2.o since I updated to the new version and I lost all files from 2.0. So now I can't even check if I have new files that have to be updated because I updated my firmware and tt home to the newest version and now I am screwed...what am I supposed to do? Tom Tom software is gonna piss me off bigtime, why can't it just work fine like it did days ago?

Now what do I have to do? Do I have to reset my device? And do I have to try to find version 2.0 and not update to the newest home? Also I updated the firmware so how do I get rid of it...just reset it? Why is home giving me these problems as soon as I updated both files:mad: ...need help...

Well it started to work again with the new updates but sometimes I still get the server error thing...its a tt software issue somewhere...but not in my new xls though...

I just started having the same issue today with my ONE V2. Sometimes I can get it to work, other times not. It's completely unpredictible.

It's that same "SAM server" error. It's not clear whether the issue is with the connection between the device and the computer or between the computer and Tomtom's update server. My computer is recognizing the Tomtom and even HOME is seeing that it's connected - since HOME does give me the option of disconnecting it. I can browse Tomtom on Windows Explorer. So, I'm going with it being an issue with the Tomtom server. What boggles my mind is that HOME just completely borks out if it can't reach the server as opposed to still letting you access your device. It would be like your computer refusing to boot up and let you use MS Word because it can't connect to the internet. It's strange and frustrating. Especially since it had been working great prior to the update to HOME 2.

Unfortunately I have just found that my map is corrupted... Just a white screen with a bunch of Dunkin Donuts logos floating around. Since I can't get HOME to work, I guess my tomtom is just an expensive paperweight for the time being. Sweet :mad:

Further experimentation with the expensive paperweight...

I had manually copied the folders off my tomtom to my computer as soon as I got it home. I also have backed it up with my OEM HOME install (don't know which version, but not HOME 2) AND in HOME 2 after it updated. I just tried copy/pasting my USA_and_Canada folder from my manual copy back into the expensive paperweight, no dice. "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" is what I get. Is it my tomtom that is corrupted or my backed up files? Who knows. So, expensive paperweight goes in it's case to be ignored.

Last edited:
I just started having the same issue today with my ONE V2. Sometimes I can get it to work, other times not. It's completely unpredictible.

It's that same "SAM server" error. It's not clear whether the issue is with the connection between the device and the computer or between the computer and Tomtom's update server. My computer is recognizing the Tomtom and even HOME is seeing that it's connected - since HOME does give me the option of disconnecting it. I can browse Tomtom on Windows Explorer. So, I'm going with it being an issue with the Tomtom server. What boggles my mind is that HOME just completely borks out if it can't reach the server as opposed to still letting you access your device. It would be like your computer refusing to boot up and let you use MS Word because it can't connect to the internet. It's strange and frustrating. Especially since it had been working great prior to the update to HOME 2.

Unfortunately I have just found that my map is corrupted... Just a white screen with a bunch of Dunkin Donuts logos floating around. Since I can't get HOME to work, I guess my tomtom is just an expensive paperweight for the time being. Sweet :mad:

Further experimentation with the expensive paperweight...

I had manually copied the folders off my tomtom to my computer as soon as I got it home. I also have backed it up with my OEM HOME install (don't know which version, but not HOME 2) AND in HOME 2 after it updated. I just tried copy/pasting my USA_and_Canada folder from my manual copy back into the expensive paperweight, no dice. "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" is what I get. Is it my tomtom that is corrupted or my backed up files? Who knows. So, expensive paperweight goes in it's case to be ignored.

It sounds like your operating system files on the TomTom may also be corrupted, not just your maps. You should copy over the ENTIRE backup, not just the USA_and_Canada folder.

Also, you may want to clear out the TomTom's "BIOS" by using the ClearFlash utility from TomTom:
>>> Clear Flash <<<

It sounds like your operating system files on the TomTom may also be corrupted, not just your maps. You should copy over the ENTIRE backup, not just the USA_and_Canada folder.

Also, you may want to clear out the TomTom's "BIOS" by using the ClearFlash utility from TomTom:
>>> Clear Flash <<<

Cool, I'll go on to do that next. As it stands now, I've verified that my backups (manual and HOME generated) are viable. I've taken my SD card and put it in a standard card reader, deleted all the tomtom files at put my OEM files onto it. The map is back. I'll clear out the flash and go from there. But first I have to go to work! Luckily I know how to get there.

Ask a Question