Tom Tom Go 700 Powers On For Half a Second...

Hi,

I have a tom tom go 700, when the power button is pressed it powers on for literally half a second, i can see the tom tom hands splash screen and then nothing, or if the USB cable is plugged in, i can see a different splash screen (pic of unit with cable), again for half second, then nothing.

It does this even when plugged into the mains.

I have tried pressing the reset button, holding reset button and holding power button for 30 seconds, with both USB cable in and out.

Power light is green when plugged in, not flashing or anything.

Anyone know whats wrong?...

Have you tried keeping the unit plugged into the mains for quite a few hours and then trying to start it up?

I had this situation yesterday with a model I have. Absolutely dead. Needed to keep it in the AC for about 3 hours to 'revive' it.

Have you tried keeping the unit plugged into the mains for quite a few hours and then trying to start it up?

I had this situation yesterday with a model I have. Absolutely dead. Needed to keep it in the AC for about 3 hours to 'revive' it.

I haven't no, its been on for about an hour now, so will leave it for a few more hours and try again.

So do they still run off the battery even when they are plugged into the mains?

No, but it needs the 'oomph' of the battery, I think, just to boot up.

If the battery is flat dead..........I don't think it can get far enough to recognize what power source is being used for the unit.

The 700 is one of the few models that have been released with a spinning hard drive in, these need power to spin up when the device starts putting more of a load on the battery than devices with SD cards or internal flash memory.

If the battery is shot why not consider changing the battery for a replacement - Mike

Ask a Question