Tom Tom Go 510 or 710?

I purchased a Tom Tom Go 510 earlier this year. When I went to request the free mount, I looked on the back of the unit and it shows to be a 710. Are these the same? How can I check to be sure which model number I really have?

Yep, definitely should be a 510 as the 710 was discontinued. Were you able to get the $100 rebate for it? I would be interested to hear feedback on this model, sounds like a great option since it comes preloaded with maps of Canada and the U.S. that apparently are pretty stellar. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The 700 was discontinued. the 710 is a European model with a few minor differences from the 510. In Europe, the 510 does not have all the European maps - only a region, while the 710 does. A 710 with complete US and Canada maps would be just like a 510 here, and both come with 1 gig chips.

Wonder if one got in the wrong box. Note - it should look the same as a 510 - the 700 is very different - including the mounting scheme.

Ask a Question