Tom Tom Go 500

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Ive tried updating my Tom Tom Go 500 with an Tom Tom Application for go,one and rider. Now when it downloads and i try updating it, on the screen on my tom tom it keeps bringing the mem card up with a red X through it, then when i take the card out and put it back in its go's 3/4's of the way and then stops working. Can anyone possibly explain why this might be.

Thank you in advance

It may be you disconnected the unit improperly from Home before it had finished writing the data to the sd card.

Use Explorer to look at the contents of the sd card when it is connected to the computer with the card in the unit. Delete all the loose files (NO folders or their contents) on the card.

Now, disconnect the unit properly from the computer using the Hardware Device Disconnect icon.

Insert the card in the unit, connect to Home, accept the application offered and, this time, use the DEvice Disconnect icon before disconnecting the unit from Home.

Hey dhn,
thank you very much for that, it seems to have worked, well least it updates, only prob now when it does the update, its then just sits on the tom tom screen and doesnt change unless you reset it, any way to sort this out???

Once you do reset the unit when not connected to the computer or Home, does it boot properly? And, if so, when you turn it off and restart it, does it boot properly again?

well just when i press the reset, when its either pluged in by the usb or not, its comes up with the tom tom screen, then just a load of something, then the tom tom screen comes back up and just sits there.

Try making an Explorer backup, not Home, of your sd card's contents. Then format the card, don't use quickformat.

Finally, use Explorer to restore your backup. See if that helps.

Restoring to factory settings probably won't help in your situation.

You can try this. Download and run the Clear Flash tool found here. Run it 3 times. May help.

Perhaps it is time to get yourself a new 2 gig sd card, not sdhc, and restore your backup there??

Ask a Question