Tom tom fuel services

my tom tom is a xl 340s
I paid for a year of the fuel services from tomtom back in march, but for the past 2 months, it shows updates in tomtom home and I update it, but for some reason, my gps doesn't show any updated prices and hasn't for 2 months...tomtom customer service hasn't been any help...
steps ive done:(tried each individually and tried updating fuel)
ive deleted all the fuel prices from my tom tom via tom tom home
ive deleted all the fuel prices from my tom tom via windows explorer
ive restored back to original factory restore via tomtom home and then tried updating

no matter what ive done, it wont update fuel prices...under fuel prices, it shows last update: no info available...

any ideas?

You will also need to delete fuel prices from your PC (not just the unit). Files there are actually the likely source of the problem to begin with.

Use Explorer to find My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Download / complete / fuelprice
Delete all of the many subfolders you will find there that start with "Fuel_prices_USA..."

Use Explorer to find My Documents / TomTom / HOME / Download / complete / fuelprice
Delete all of the many subfolders you will find there that start with "Fuel_prices_USA..."

Ive done this as well, even removed the "hidden" folders...ive deleted all these files and even uninstalled, reinstalled tomtom home

Last edited by a moderator:
In re-reading your original post, I think I missed the fact that you are being offered new downloads for your unit by Home. It's when you cease seeing downloads that it is necessary to kill off the old files on the PC.

It sounds as though the database at TomTom either isn't being updated, or the service they are using isn't getting their database updated. I note that you are out in the Bull Shoals area. It could be that your region has simply been forgotten in the proper updating of the area.

Since you have deleted all files from all sources, and are still being offered and installing the new updates with Home, one can only point to the incoming data as the source of the problem. I'd call TomTom again and advise that for some reason, they're not getting your area data incorporated into their updates.

Its not just my area, its even for the Branson/Springfield Mo area where the prices aren't being updated...I traveled their this past weekend and their prices were off also...

I checked the downloaded files that were saved on my computer and under fuel prices, theres a cab file, I opened the file (using WinRAR) and they are dated from april 24, 2012, so I think that's the problem, the files that tomtom are pushing out are way outdated...

I just checked the fuelprices.cab file that you were talking about on my computer, inside are list of fuelstation files which I assume is the gas station file.
I believe those are data for location of the gas station which the gas price to "match" with.
The actual fuel prices are updated "On the go", meaning they download from the live server at the time of request.

I don't think they files that are dated from april are of the gas stations...are yours dated the same date? are your updates working?

Inside the cab I have 5 files, all named fuelstations#.fpf
(# is the number, which includes 1, 3, 4, 5, and 15)
They are all dated Oct 1, 2012

For me, some price are accurate and some are off

Wait a minute, I just updated the latest fuelprice from TomTom Home and the last modified date of the file in .cab file are now Apr 24, 2012

I still think that the gas station location file or files that match the fuel price to the POI on your devices, as I check back all the fuel price files in the last couple release, the last modified date on the files inside the .cab file seems to jump around.
It might cause by those "on and off" gas station which closed at some times, and instead of creating a new file each time, tomtom just use those old location file (my guess, could be wrong)

Edited:
Nope the price are not off (at least compare to last night price)
It could be TomTom didn't update the price for your area

Edited 2:
Try going to your Live services --> Fuel Prices --> Change fuel type --> (if the type is correct just hit Done) and let it download the latest price.
Now check if the price in your area is updated
Also, what is your Last update time in Fuel Prices? It should show at the bottom left corner

Try going to your Live services --> Fuel Prices --> Change fuel type --> (if the type is correct just hit Done) and let it download the latest price.
Now check if the price in your area is updated
Also, what is your Last update time in Fuel Prices? It should show at the bottom left corner

last update says no info available

Try going to your Live services --> Fuel Prices --> Change fuel type --> Change to some other type --> Done and see if it downloads the latest info

ok, mid grade seems to be working better, but still nothing close to me...the cab file shows date of 12/5 on the mid grade not the april date as in the regular download...

I also have this problem. Help!
Your situation is rather different. You have a Live unit and will receive new fuel prices OTA with no connected needed .. assuming you have a Live trial subscription or have paid for a Live subscription. Please elaborate a bit more. One thing that is a bit confusing is that MyTomTom has wording at the bottom of the screen that shows the unit contents that confuses people with Live units. It says you don't have a fuel subscription. Well, you don't and never would -- not that kind, anyway. That comment is for non-Live users.

Is anyones fuel service working correctly if you have to download it via tomtom home?

No....mine has not changed in "months".

HOME downloads it and installs it but it's always the same outdated prices.

I've even downloaded the .cab and installed the files manually just to make sure.

I complained to TomTom....but the first level tech insisted on me deleting files and messing with my 930....I refused because this has happened a couples time in the last two years....and I know the problem is on their end.

The first level tech emailed me a couple of times and I asked her to forward this problem the management or another level of techs.

I told her the upper level techs could open up the files and see for themselves the information was very outdated.

I never heard back.

Now with the new 900 map I didn't even install the fuel program as I'm just tired of TomTom altogether.

Just before writing this post I installed the fuel program and let it update and it is still the same old outdated prices.

NOTHING has changed in "months"

My fuel subscription had been extended many times over the last two years because of this very problem and now it's due to expire in a few days.

My feeling at this point is " Good Riddance " !

If you have a smart phone....just use Gasbuddy. it's free:thumb: and also headache free:)

Here is my post from 03-08-2011....where we had the same problem.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t25098-outdated-fuel-prices.html

Ask a Question