Tom Tom Empty but says it's half full

I have the TomTom One 3rd edition. I've purchased the European maps because that's where we live at the moment and was able to put them on the device with no problem. I've saved the US maps to my computer. I'm going to the states and took the European maps off to put the US maps on and for some reason TomTom Home can't find the US maps but they are there. After getting frustrated with that I decided to just put the Europe maps back on and that's when I found out it said there was only half the space available (therefore not enough to put my maps back on) but there is NOTHING on there.

How do I fix this?? AND, how do I get tomtom to recognize the US maps from the computer? Is there a way to reset it to it's factory settings (therefore putting the US maps back on)?

THANKS!

If you use Explorer, what items is it showing on your unit (make sure View is set to show hidden folders and files as well as extensions for known file types)?

Is it still showing a WE map folder with contents on your unit? Try using Explorer to copy the WE map folder from the computer back to the unit.

In addition to what dhn said, also check with windows explorer to see if you US Map are on you computer (under Documents/TomTom/Home/FromDevice/).

You probably did not have enough room since you may have had some files of the maps (one or the other) still on the unit which you would only see with windows explorer set the way dhn specified.

If so, after you have gotten it working with you European maps per dhn's instructions, do a complete backup copy with Windows, and then give TomTom Home another try. Copy the European map on your device back to you computer through Home (it is easier normally to reinstall it that way).

Then delete that European map from you device with Home. Now try reinstalling the US Map with Home.

Note - in TomTom Home 2.3, you go to the Download Maps Icon, then toggle a few times to the right, and the last Icon offers to reinstall items on you computer that were downloaded from your device through Home (and are in the folder above). If you had not gone there before, that may be why you could not find your map.

However, if you only copied your US Map with Windows explorer, that you will have to put it back that way, as it is not in the format TomTom Home recognizes even if you put it in that folder.

Ask a Question