tom tom battery modification?

hi, i own a tomtom one 3rd Limited and was curious if it were possible to modify it so the battery life lasts longer? maybe find a way to set another battery in parallel? im not sure how to do that and hoping there were some electrical people on the forum.
i mainly use my gps for geocaching and the battery life is just not enough.

I've recently taken up geocaching with my 1 XL. There are a number of supplemental power supplies available for other USB devices (in particular MP3 players) which will work just fine. Fortunatly the USB standard is well established, and you can be reasonably confident that if a power supply has a USB connector, it will not hurt your Tomtom. I will be looking into some of them in the comming months, and will probably post my results in one of the geocaching threads in this forum. I am hoping to get something closer to a 6 hour battery life with one (or maybe 2) of these type supplies.

hi, i own a tomtom one 3rd Limited and was curious if it were possible to modify it so the battery life lasts longer? maybe find a way to set another battery in parallel? im not sure how to do that and hoping there were some electrical people on the forum.
i mainly use my gps for geocaching and the battery life is just not enough.
I found an interesting thing on eBay for the iPhone but don't see any reason why it would not work on any TomTom. Just plug your USB cord into the socket and you have power. It might be what you are looking for.

Nice find Inches! That battery pack should last almost 3 times as long as the battery in my ONE XL. It looks like the OEM battery for the regular ONE series is slightly more powerful than the ONE XL.

Ask a Question