Tom Tom 930T Reboots While Driving

My Tom Tom 930T will automatically reboot itself at random during driving. I've discovered this happens when updating RDMS traffic info. It doesn't happen every time. However, when I disconnect the antenna, it will work fine minus the traffic. Has anyone ever seen this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm so frustrated with this device that I will never buy another Tom Tom if I can't get this fixed.

Thanks!

rebooting

I have the same problem on my 920. On this forum everyone says that this is a common problem It started with the 8.3xx download with the application. Tomtom home tech support typically says to redownload the application which does not sove the problem. i sent tontom at their website an email about this problem and told them to forward this problem on to their progammers. i think that the more people that email the tech people that they have this problem the better. Anyway, the only way to minimize this problem is to use the clear button at the end of the day before you shut your unit off.. Hopefully the tom tom people will correct this problem with a new application update.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I'm happy that I'm not alone!! When you say to press the clear button at the end of the day, do you mean the reset button, or is it something else. Thanks again!

You can't through Home.

1. Backup your unit's contents using Explorer, not Home.
2. Download 8.32 from here.
3. Use Winrar or equivalent to expand the cab file and overwrite existing files/folders in your unit.

no, when you go to the navigate to screen use the right arrow then right arrow again and you should see the clear route button. Also do not show more then 4 pois on your unit . Good luck

Last edited:

Ask a Question