Tom tom 720 and speed camera reporting

Good day people,
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I need your help.
I have the above unit and do not want to buy a subscription as there are no speed camera's for my country - South Africa.
I do however want to be able to "report" new cameras for myself. This is not available as you need to buy the subscription first.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

There are various sites on the net that are hosting sites for poi's in various categories, including speed cameras and red light cameras for various countries. Here's one link where South Africa is listed on the page. You should be able to pursue things there: http://www.gps-data-team.com/

There are various sites on the net that are hosting sites for poi's in various categories, including speed cameras and red light cameras for various countries. Here's one link where South Africa is listed on the page. You should be able to pursue things there: http://www.gps-data-team.com/

Thanks so much. Pitty I cannot get the standard button to work without paying a subs. That site you also have to pay.

Thanks so much. Pitty I cannot get the standard button to work without paying a subs. That site you also have to pay.

Try again. At the top of the page is a link called 'poi files'. Clicking there and you can either download poi files from whatever category/country you want OR upload your own creations. You do NOT have to pay.

Got it thanks so much. You are a great help. :):)
Can I ask you another thing please?
Why can I NOT use spoken address in South Africa? It does not even have the option when trying to enter an address

Last edited:

Ask a Question